Hi! My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
lifebylori.com/
and please update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

30 Days to Live

I may be a little behind the times as far as movies. I just watched "The Bucket List" last night. I was in tears(AGAIN)... I love movies that make us want to live better lives and this movie did just that for me.



After the movie I made a list of what I would want to do if I only had 30 days to live. Talk about a time crunch, right? So, 30 things went on my list. I wasn't very hard to pull it together. It really just affirmed that I need to move forward with my dreams and do the silly things that I put off. Then I asked my 2 kids (12 and 10) to write their list. It really helped me understand what they valued and dreamed of doing. It makes me want to be a better mother for them and provide them the opportunities to do what it is they feel is important. I became all teary eyed reading their list. Some things are so small that they seem insignificant, yet it means the world to them. How well do we know our loved ones?

Well, here is my list of 30 things.

1. Go on a hot air balloon ride
2. Play on a flying trapeze and practice gymnastics with my kids
3. Jump off the rock at Waimea Beach (I always want to but I chicken out)
4. Swim with dolphins and sea turtles
5. Kayak out to rabbit island and have a picnic
6. Go horseback riding (I LOVE HORSES)
7. Spend the day surfing, laying on the sand, playing volleyball
8. Watch the sunset, a fire pit on the beach, BBQ, make smores and watch the stars
9. Live in a tree house on a tropical retreat, pick food from the garden
10. Travel to Fiji
11. Travel to Bali
12. Travel to Greece
13. Travel to New Zealand & Australia
14. Mentor under an amazing raw food chef & create edible works of art
15. Visit all the amazing raw food restaurants
16. Spend time at a wellness spa
17. Have a massage everyday
18. Have a make over and look as beautiful on the outside as I feel on the inside
19. Go snowboarding, sledding, snowmobiling, & ice skating
20. Learn to sew with Mehgan
21. Learn to play the guitar with Alex
22. Take couple dancing lessons
23. Take interior design and landscape design classes
24. Enjoy intimate concerts by Jack Johnson, Michael Buble, Jason Mraz
25. Go rock climbing & have a picnic on top
26. Swim in a waterfall lagoon naked
27. Enjoy a helicopter ride
28. Ride bikes along the coast
29. Play hide and go seek in the dark with my kids
30. Go indoor skydiving ,then maybe try the real deal :)

Making this list reminded me of how many things I would love to do but I put off. Is this "put off" a slap in life's face? Life is meant to be lived. I felt like I have taken my life for granted. It's good to be reminded and humbled. My kids always say...life is meant to be fun and enjoyed. If today was my last day to live, would I spend it any differently? Would you?

No comments: