Hi! My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
lifebylori.com/
and please update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Change Your Food Change Your Life!

OK, so the first 100 Day Raw Fu Challenge is officially over. I made it over 30 days 100% raw and then I began to experiment with different foods to see how I felt afterwards. Ultimately, I decided that I want to love the foods that love me back. Why was I sabotaging the opportunity to feel really good? Other foods may taste great momentarily, but the feeling afterwards was less than stellar.


So, where to next? I became fascinated by the intelligence & simplicity of the 80/10/10 program after listening to Dr Doug Graham. As I learn more I plan to undertake that challenge.


Perhaps, what seemed the most profound and simple was to make it a point to get my greens in. During the 100 day challenge I experienced the power of greens. I just felt centered, focused and balanced. Cravings just melted away when I ate my greens. After listening to Victoria Boutenko on Rawkathon that was all I needed to hear. Our subconscious resonates with truth and that hit me like a ton of bricks! I NEED TO EAT MORE GREENS!


So, what exactly have I noticed since I have gone raw? Watch this video!





I came to the conclusion that the whites of our eyes reflect the condition of our liver. It makes sense, right? I mean think about it. When we have babies and their skin and eyes are tinted yellow that is a sign of jaundice which is a liver condition. Why would it be any different in adults? It makes sense that as an adult yellowing in the whites of the eyes were a reflection of our liver.


So, I am going along with Bunny Berry and doing the "Peas on Earth" Holiday Challenge. I am modifying it a bit. My focus is on 2 bunches of greens and 75 plus ounces of water. My kids are jumping in on the challenge. We will be considered high raw versus 100%. I really want to make sure greens make a permanent part of my life before I go any further in my raw food challenge. Plus, if I go 100% raw on some days then that is just a plus. We shall see what unfolds.

I do see the 80-10-10 plan in the future as well as a juice feast, but for now it is very high raw and 2 bunches of greens.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I thrive on 80/10/10. The difference between high raw and 100% raw is amazing, but making the jump to 811 was indescribable. I look forward to hearing your observations over the next 40 days!